Why Moyeni Lodge?
- Guests can enjoy both a beach & bush holiday combined.
- Private & Exclusive – enjoy all the facilities of the whole lodge in shear privacy.
- Our spacious, sea facing chalets are a few steps from the beach and are serviced daily.
- Fully catered meals, with lodge support staff.
- Quiet, peaceful and remote.
- Romantic setting.
- Unforgettable sunrises and sunsets.
- Fresh seafood available and caught daily.
- For avid birders, outdoor and nature enthusiasts.
- Fishing, boating & water sports.
- Private boat & skipper.
- Perfect for birthday celebrations or a special occasion.
- Suitable for families and groups of friends.
- Informal dress code.
- Daily flights available via Airlink.
- All road and boat transfers are included.
Items not included in the daily rate (for your own account)
- All beverages
- Spa treatments
- Fuel Utilized from boat activities
- Diesel for the game viewing vehicle
- Bazaruto Archipelago National Park fees
Go for walks and swim on your private beach in front of the Lodge. At high tide the water reaches right up to the sea wall. You cannot get closer to the ocean than this.
There is a 15 meter lap pool for exercise or just relax on the water seats with a drink in hand; go kayaking in the bay;
Diving excursions are available from Dive Operators on the main land.
There are spectacular snorkelling opportunities which are safe and easy even for young children, 2 mile reef with coral reefs, beautiful tropical fish between 3-7 meters deep, depending on the tide. Margaruque Island where you snorkel along a reef that creates a virtual swimming pool, etc.
The lodge is equipped with a 27 ft Nova Cat boat (Mi Laidi) with 2 x 150 hp Suzuki motors. We are equipped with fishing rods ranging from 25 lbs, 50 lbs, and 80 lbs. A boat and skipper can be hired @ R 5000 a day.
Mozambique and particularly the Archipelago is one of the few places where game fish are still plentiful: Dorado, Barracuda, Tunney, Sail Fish, Marlin and several other species. This is also due to a strict conservation policy implemented and monitored by the Sanctuary.
Visit beautiful, unspoiled beaches and Islands where you can picnic and swim.
On the calm water in the bay water skiing / tubing is pleasant and fun for all.
Go for a sunset cruise while watching beautiful Flamingos, Pelicans and other bird species. Dolphins will occasionally accompany you on your cruise.
There is a game view vehicle Land Rover 110 for Game drives and birding expeditions on the sanctuary in extent of 15,000 hectares stocked with game such as Zebra, Kudu, Wildebeest Giraffe, Eland, Waterbuck etc. A number of lookout hides are also available for guests to relax and enjoy the viewing experience.
Kayaking, Hobie Cat and windsurfer.
The 50% deposit and the balance of payment due 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations are strictly non-refundable.
Vilanculos is serviced with daily Airlink flights:
- Daily flights are available from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Vilanculos Airport.
- Flights are also available from the Kruger National Park and include flight charters.
- Visas for business and tourist can be issued on arrival.
- South African passport holders do not require a visa.
- Should you self drive to Vilanculos, there is safe parking available on the mainland.
Booking and Transfers:
- Transfers are booked and arranged by the lodge.
- Guests are met at the airport and then transferred by road to the beach on mainland. (+- 10 minutes).
- Our skipper will meet and greet the guests and transfer them by boat to Moyeni lodge. (+35 minutes).
PLEASE NOTE: It is important to note that Moyeni lodge is not located on the mainland, but is situated on a Peninsula, San Sebastian in the Sanctuary wildlife and coastal marine reserve.